1. Decorate a boxed-mix, store-bought, or homemade cake with this clever trick.
Sprinkles are your friend and an easy way to make a cake look all Pinterest-y. Learn how here.
2. Use two store-bought (or homemade) bundt cakes to form the number three for a third birthday then decorate with frosting and candy.
M&M’s: also your friend. Make this cake here.
3. Use chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles to turn mini cupcakes into pandas.
4. Make an easy Lego Cake with one sheet cake cut into rectangles, plus halved marshmallows and frosting.
This will blow a Lego-lover’s little mind. Check it here.
5. Use Kit Kats and M&Ms to decorate a simple layer cake and make a monstrous amount of sugar look really classy.
Use a boxed cake or make your own. See how here.
6. Fish cake: So cute, pretty doable!
Marshmallows are clutch. Get the recipe.
7. Make a no-bake birthday cake ENTIRELY OUT OF RICE KRISPIES.
So pretty, right? Learn to make it here.
8. Make Ina Garten’s CLASSIC yellow cake with chocolate frosting in a rimmed baking sheet.
In our hour of need, we call on Ina. Recipe here.
9. Cover half a cake with M&Ms to make a rainbow.
You can skip the pot of gold unless your kid is, like, really into leprechauns. Find the recipe here.
10. Use boxed white cake mix and food coloring to make rainbow layers.
Or make it from scratch if you want. Recipe here.
11. Ice cream cakes are insanely delicious and they require NO BAKING.
Can you buy Oreos and ice cream? You can make this cake. Recipe here.
12. I. Am. A. Robot.
One sheet cake + some candy and one hour of your time. Recipe here.
13. When in doubt, throw some pretty frosting on a stack of cookies.
Now it’s a MINI CAKE. Look here.