1. Layer maps on top of each other to make your own wallpaper.
This is a great way to put all of those travel mementos to good use. Use push pins to cover a wall with maps and add some serious style to any room. Learn more about ithere.
2. Or use them to get a little more privacy—especially with glass doors.
Tape a few maps over the inside of a glass-paned door to add privacy while still keeping it cute. Read more about it here.
3. You can also use maps to make a wanderlust-lover’s gallery wall.
Remember your most beloved cities as soon as you sit down for breakfast. Get more deets on it here.
4. Put a map behind your bed for a DIY headboard.
It’s also one less thing you’ll have to worry about on moving day. See more photoshere.
5. To upgrade a big, empty wall, divide a map into sections and frame each piece.
This is the perfect way to fill up a large wall without spending a lot of money. Use a ruler to measure out your panels on a large map and start cutting. Learn more about it here.
6. Or forgo frames and get a vintage-inspired pull-down map.
One step up from college-level posters, these pull-down maps look classy and cool without having to deal with frames. Get one here ($39).
7. You can also use dowels and wire to make your own pull-down variety.
It’s super easy and totally cute. Get the tutorial here.
8. Repurpose some old maps to make awesome letters for your bedroom.
9. Or use two coats of Mod Podge to make a nighstand look THAT much cuter.
Opt for a matte finish Mod Podge to get an authentic look that won’t show scratch marks. Get the tutorial here.
10. Turn a map into an adorable tray using only 4 other materials.
You can use a strong glue and a picture hanger to mount your tray on a wall for a vertical catch-all. Or just leave your tray on the dresser and use it as a jewelry dish. Get more info here.
11. You can also take 5 minutes and turn your map into a placemat.
Seriously. Just apply clear contact paper to your map, cut off any awkward edges, and you’re good to go. Learn more about it here.
12. Another tip: Spell out a saying in vinyl letters, add a coat of paint, and pull the letters off to reveal your prose.
You can get adhesive vinyl letters here ($4.99).
13. Or go for a fun scratch-off travel map to keep track of your adventures.
Get one here ($28.95).
15. You can also opt for a cheaper, more minimalist design.
So adorbs. Get it here ($38).
Get some map-spiration in your life.
And your apartment will be the envy of all the people in the land…er…neighborho…um…block-radius.