1. The year started with Americans struggling to figure out what a Flat White is.
Starbucks America announced it would begin serving the drink in January, 2015, and everyone was a little confused. Described as an Australian-style coffee, New Zealanders even got involved, upset that something they claimed they invented had been taken from them by not one, but two countries.
2. This animal rights activist James Aspey spoke for the first time in twelve months in January, after traveling around Australia to spread his message.
Aspey maintained a blog throughout the year, having gotten the idea after a 10-day meditation retreat where he did not speak a word.
3. Australia found itself with a new record for “biggest leaf” after this bad boy was grown in Victoria.
Look how happy that dude is with his leaf. So happy.
5. McDonald’s Australia announced it would be auctioning a limited edition bottle of Big Mac sauce, and it got to over $20,000.
6. Christopher Pyne just could *not* stop calling people cunts.
I mean come on dude it’s just not appropriate.
8. Oh, and then-Prime Minister Tony Abbott ate an onion like a god damn apple.
10. Cody Simpson went on some weird anti-vaxxerrant.
11. And houses were literally floating through NSW towns.
12. God blessed Australia with the announcement of Gaytime icecream tubs.
13. A pub in New Zealand started putting semen in its beer.
Yes, we know it’s New Zealand but we *had* to include it.
14. A flippin’ GINORMOUS shark was caught of the NSW coast, and everyone was confused about whether or not it was real.
16. Salim Mehajer got his 15 minutes of fame after shutting down streets for his absurdly obnoxiouswedding.
17. This Aussie bloke got 200+ Simpsons tattoos and set a new world record.
18. A dickhead in a skull mask kidnapped an echidna.
20. And an Aussie woman pulled off the greatest Halloween costume of all time: Sailor Goon.
Here’s to 2016 and another year of ridiculous stories!