1. Keep a basket of supplies ready at all times.
You never know when you’ll have to wipe down quickly. Start with an all-purpose cleaner, a glass cleaner, and a disinfectant, along with a sponge, paper towel, old toothbrush etc.
2. You can keep it in your cleaning center to customize it every time you pull it out.
This blogger uses a tension rod to hang her spray bottles.
3. Or build an essentials kit in every room
Everything you need to clean the bathroom in one place.
4. Set a timer.
Giving yourself a deadline so you do not get stuck on the small stuff.
(This won’t work for everyone, but could be worth a try!)
5. Make a cleaning playlist.
This works best if you clean for, say, 10 minutes every day. It also might motivate the kids/roommates actually help (the key is to make it a game so everyone helps you).
6. Clean room by room.
Company coming? Only clean the rooms they’ll see (like the kitchen, bathroom and living room).
7. Keep some bleach gel near your bath tub or shower for quick application to gross grout.
8. Quickly rub down everything in your bathroom with soap in a dish wand.
Water down some dish soap and do the tub, countertops and shower. Then just rinse everything down afterward.
9. Before you start running around, stick your towels and your shower curtain liner in the washer.
It’s the fastest way to get the mildew out without spending time scrubbing it.
10. Spray the crap out of surfaces and wipe up.
This couldn’t be simpler.
11. Use a paper towel and rubbing alcohol to wipe down the greasy residue around your kitchen.
It also gets rid of soap scum and can sort of polish your stainless.
12. (Vodka works too).
13. Load. The. Dishwasher.
If you have one.
If you don’t have one…well, just hope they don’t look in the sink. (Or suck it up and wash the dishes).
14. Steam clean your microwave AND spray down your range hood grate all at once.
Do two things at once.
(But you’re forgiven if your speed clean doesn’t involve cleaning your range vent filter thingy).
15. If you have a lemon lying around, you can also stick lemons in the water you microwave.
For a lemon-fresh kitchen. From here.
16. Spray furniture polish on anything you need shinier.
Like your fridge, or your sink, or your coffee table, or whatever. Just don’t spray on the floor it will make the floor super slippy.
17. Pretend you just cleaned your sheets and pillows by spritzing linen spray everywhere.
18. Take a lint roller to your lampshades.
19. Stick a sock on your hand to dust quickly.
Get it a little wet with vinegar first. (Maybe this is something you can get your kids to help out with.)
20. Use a gigantic extension cord for your vacuum.
That way you only have to plug it in once to go over every floor in your home.
21. Use a mop to wipe down ceilings and high dusty places.
(Or at least any cobwebs in the corners, if you’re Snow White.)
22. Just wipe everything down with disinfecting wipes.
Give them a go!
Source : buzzfeed.com