1. Put on something festive (that won’t cause you to overheat).
Try a plaid shirt, a thin Buffalo-check scarf, or an ugly Christmas tank top.
2. If you can’t bear to turn your oven on, whip up a no-bake holiday treat.
Get the recipe for these no-bake peppermint marshmallow cheesecake bars here.
3. Make sure your home smells like Christmas.
4. Stock up on Christmas-themed household items.
The Dollar Store and Home Goods are great resources for holiday-themed dish towels, bedding, plates and mugs. Or make your own.
5. Start using a festive tumbler.
Because a festive mug actually might not make sense when it’s 70 degrees out.
6. Take advantage of the warmer temperatures and go all-out with your outdoor Christmas lights.
Take a cue from the Tripp family of Georgia.
7. Or put lights on your boat.
8. If that’s not your style, just take a road trip to see the best Christmas lights in your state.
9. Take your sled out for a spin anyway.
“Would you like to build a sandman?”
10. Put on your favorite Christmas music.
(And go ahead and sing it loud enough for all to hear.)
11. Splurge on a realistic-looking fake tree.
If you want to really sell it, sprinkle needles all over the carpet around the tree and tell everyone you’re worried about your dog drinking the water from the stand.
12. Skip the traditional tree entirely and do a succulent tree instead.
13. Or decorate with a pretty wreath of succulents.
14. Add a few soft throw blankets to your living room.
Even if you only get under them once in a while, they will make your place feel cozy.
15. Or choose decor that pokes fun at the warm weather.
Poor Frosty didn’t stand a chance in Texas.
16. Skip the hot buttered rum and make a chilled cocktail.
Get this raspberry pomegranate champagne cocktail recipe here.
17. Plan a party.
It will help get you in the holiday spirit.
19. Embrace the kitsch.
Fake snow, tacky tinsel, a white tree…you might as well just own it!
20. Just keep telling yourself that it’s the holiday season.
Who cares if you’re sweating? It’s CHRISTMAS.
Source : buzzfeed.com