Here is the definitive ranking of what people say on “House Hunters”.
32. “It has to be move-in ready.”
Said by: Couples with tiny budgets, huge expectations, and no sense of reality.
31. “Having laundry in the basement is just too creepy for me.”
Said by: Someone who has seen waaaay too many horror movies.
30. *Sees a five-year-old home* “Ugh, it just seems really dated to me.”
Said by: The couple who can’t fathom that not every house is new construction.
29. “I absolutely can’t stand carpet.”
Said by: Literally everyone.
28. “We’re moving to [random jungle area] because we really want to get in touch with nature.”
Said by: Pseudo-hippies who don’t want to admit that their parents are hedge fund managers.
27. “We’re moving to [new country] so we can really immerse ourselves in the local culture.”
Said by: People who will go to the local restaurant one time before deciding that local culture is overrated.
26. “I really need my commute to be under 10 minutes.”
Said by: Someone who works in the central district of their city, definitely does not have the budget to live in that area, and won’t just deal with that fact.
25. *Asks for an older home with charm* “I feel like this needs more modern amenities.”
Said by: Someone who forgot that people in the late 20th century didn’t have walk-in closets.
24. “Are these hardwood floors original?”
Said by: Someone who can’t actually tell the difference between hardwood and laminate.
23. “I think this bedroom is just going to be too tight.”
Said by: People who must have stock in the king-size bed industry or something.
22. “I can only live in new construction because who knows what someone else might have done in an old house?”
Said by: Someone who probably engages in messy S&M encounters all over their home and doesn’t realize that most people don’t do that kind of thing.
21. *Asks for a house in the suburbs* “The neighbors just feel really close.”
Said by: Couples who have tons of freaky sex and are afraid that the next-door neighbor might spot them and tell the whole street.
20. “I absolutely can’t stand wallpaper.”
Said by: Someone whose hatred of wallpaper comes from having traumatic flashbacks about holidays at his grandma’s house.
19. “Oh, these countertops aren’t granite.”
Said by: Someone who literally doesn’t know the name of any other type of countertop.
18. “Hmm, I was really hoping for a walk-in closet, actually.”
Said by: Someone who should have saved the money they spent on clothing to use for purchasing a larger house.
17. “I was really hoping for a glass-tiled shower with a separate soaking tub.”
Said by: Someone who takes one bath a year.
16. “The kitchen needs to have all stainless steel appliances.”
Said by: Someone who usually just fills their fridge with beer and leftovers, tbh.
15. “I HATE this paint color.”
Said by: People who have literally never seen a can of paint in their lives.
14. “I don’t know if this is enough of an open floor plan.”
Said by: Parents who don’t want to just straight-up admit that their children are the spawn of Satan and need to be monitored at every waking moment.
13. “We need double sinks or else we won’t be able to get ready in the mornings.”
Said by: Couples who apparently don’t realize that one of them can just use the bathroom down the hall.
12. “This foyer doesn’t feel grand enough to me.”
Said by: Someone who just learned the word “foyer” and really wants to show it off.
11. “I don’t know, I just think this backyard won’t have enough grassy space for my dog to really run around.”
Said by: Someone whose dog is maybe five pounds.
10. “We throw a lot of parties, so we really need a big space to entertain all our friends.”
Said by: Couples who have maybe three close friends but want to look like they’re super popular on TV.
9. *Complains about House 3 the entire time* “So, I really think the house for me is House 3!”
Said by: Someone being threatened by producers who need more drama in this episode.
8. Wife: “I guess I’ll give you a small part of the closet, honey!”
Said by: Stepford wives.
7. *Has $200,000 budget in Malibu* “I really need the house to be on the beach, or at least have a prime ocean view.”
Said by: Deluded beach bums.
6. “I don’t cook, but the stove needs to be gas, not electric.”
Said by: Someone who spends too much damn time worrying about stoves.
5. Husband: “Honey, you have your kitchen, so I need space to have my man cave.”
Said by: A former frat boy who is desperately trying to cling to the glory days.
4. “I can’t use a toilet that other people have used before.”
Said by: People who must spend all day touching their butts, because otherwise why does it matter this much what they sit on?
3. “I need a round toilet. I just can’t use oval ones.”
Said by: Some guy with a weird-shaped butt.
2. “We’ve been dating for less than a year and really need to buy a house before we hit that anniversary.”
Said by: People who will be on Divorce Court in three years.
1. Realtor: “This home is $300,000 over your budget, but I’m showing it to you anyway because I think you’ll really like it.”
Said by: Realtors who just want that damn commission.
Source : buzzfeed.com