2. This is troubling. But the rise of the selfie stick is merely one symptom of a wider problem.
3. Quite simply, we have reached peak selfie. As a society, we must recognise the need for change.
5. They generated health scares.
Though this particular claim should be taken with a pinch of salt.
6. They caused some people to spend way too much money.
7. And caused others to lose all sense of human dignity.
9. Pity the celebrities, like Liam Payne here, emotionally broken from having to take so many selfies.
10. While others, like Kim Kardashian, have seemingly taken to photoshopping theirs.
12. And at deeply inappropriate times. Such as during the Sydney siege.
13. Or while present at the birth of a child.
14. Everyone got in on the act, even respected broadcasters.
15. We had crotch selfies.
16. Divorce selfies.
18. Some people tried to make the “selfie conga” a thing.
19. People took selfies with no regard for their personal safety.
20. This guy, for example, was fined £2400 after taking a reckless photo during the Running of the Bulls festival in Pamplona, Spain.
21. This teenager got kicked in the head from a passing train while posing for a selfie.
Though don’t feel too sorry for him: It was a setup, the video went viral, and the guy almost certainly made good money from it.
22. And maybe a tragedy like this could have been avoided, had the person in question not been so addicted to taking selfies.
23. Thanks to this YouTube video, we know exactly how weird people look when they are posing for selfies on their phone.
24. People, it’s time to make a stand.
25. No longer can we sit idly by.
26. Together we can make this dream a reality.
27. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
28. Let’s #banselfies in 2015.
Source : buzzfeed.com